12 August, 2012

Nail Art : Sponging & Sugar Spun/String





Exam's was over & I wanted to do nail art before I go back home. I wanted to something different and as I was reading some nail blogs, , I came by this fun nail art, sugar spun or string nail art.

Steps to do this nail art :

1. For the base color I used Elianto's dark blue fine glitter nail polish. You can use and dark or bright base color.
2. I chose two colors to do sponging at the opposite end corners of the nail. Face shop's Baby blue and Skin food's turquoise. Once I have done the sponging on the nail, both colors turned out darker than the original color because of the dark base color I chose.
3. Then I chose a bright pink from Face Shop. I first dropped a few drops on my palette then waited for few minutes to let the polish to become bit tacky and once stretch using the dotting tool, it will have like string like or cheesy like strings.  Once you get the strings you start placing on the nail where you like it best. 
4. And I sealed the whole nail art with top coat to give a glossy look. But when i applied the top coat the strings on my nails turned out like it has ben pressed or become a bit flattened out.

You can also try without top coat, it will give you a better 3D effect of the strings and a matte finish from the sponging.

Try this nail art, results was pretty satisfying for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment